Welcome to the Gymnastics Plus Competitive Team!!!
2013 - 2014
The Gymnastics Plus staff would like to congratulate your athlete on their hard work and determination that brought them to our team program. We are eager to welcome your family to the exciting world of competitive gymnastics!
Gymnastics Plus Competitive Team Coaching Philosophy
- We provide gymnasts with the tools necessary to maintain the mental and physical discipline for competition through a framework of positive reinforcement and encouragement.
- We prepare gymnasts for competition through life long values, including but not limited to, perseverance, visualization, focus, confidence, and goal setting/achievement.
- We create a positive environment through which a gymnast can develop her skills and evolve both as a gymnast and a person.
- We strive to develop mental and emotional strength as well as physical fitness in young gymnasts.
- At Gymnastics Plus, every child is given an equal opportunity to develop his or her talents to the fullest potential. Each gymnast will have equal access to the best professional instruction we provide.
- Team members receive free open gym/ Parent night out (Friday 7-10:00 pm)
- Team members receive a discount on private lessons, some coaches may charge higher rates
- Team members receive a 10% discount on birthday parties
- Team members receive a discount on summer camps
- Team members receive a 10% discount on Pro-Shop purchases
- The way you act in the gym and at competitions is a reflection of your respect for yourself, your teammates and Gymnastics Plus. Gymnastics Plus is a Professional School. Any off- colored comments, foul language, or inappropriate dress in the facility will not be tolerated. Each team member should show the upmost respect and support for coaches, teammates, and judges, as well as other students. Discouraging remarks, formation of cliques, excluding others from activities, etc. are grounds for dismissal from practice and possibly the team.
- Carry out all assignments and conditioning to the fullest. Cheating on assignments and/or conditioning and stretching will not be tolerated.
- Arrive on time and conduct yourself with grace and courage during the workout or competition. Accept all constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Understand that the specific mission of Gymnastics Plus is to develop happy, healthy, and confident young people.
- Never compare your progress, performances, or level with other gymnasts. Each athlete is an individual and will achieve success at her own pace.
ELIGIBILIGY FOR COMPETITION
- Gymnasts must have the skills required for his or her level. Readiness will be evaluated by the team coaches.
- Gymnasts must attend every practice the week of a competition. If a gymnast misses a practice during a competition week, he or she will not be permitted to compete at the upcoming meet. No refunds will be provided.
- Gymnasts will start their competitive season in either October or January, dependent on their ability to perform their routines.
We hope not to run into any disciplinary problems this year! However, if a gymnast is being disruptive or disrespectful, disciplinary procedures are as follows:
First Infraction: The gymnast and parents will be made aware of the inappropriate behavior.
Second Infraction: A second offense will result in immediate removal from that practice. This means that the parents will be called and the gymnast will be sent home immediately.
Third Infraction: The gymnast will be removed from practice for one week. The coach may pick the week of suspension, keeping in mind the team nature of the sport. The gymnast will attend a meeting with parents and coaches to try to remedy the behavior.
Fourth Infraction: The gymnast will be removed from the team.
Make sure that your gymnast is on time (15 minutes prior to the start of general stretch), in the correct attire.
There will be parent/ gymnast folders in the lobby. These folders will contain competition information, practice info, and any other handouts that will need to get to the girls. It is your responsibility to check these folders weekly.
If problems in your child’s behavior affect his/her progress of the working of the team, we will contact you. If something comes up that we need to speak to you about, be assured that we will do so promptly. If there are circumstances which affect your gymnast which you think we should know about, please do not hesitate to inform us.
Please feel free to set up a meeting with any of your child’s coaches if you have any questions or concern. Meetings must be scheduled through the OFFICE to be held either before or after workout hours.
At no time will parents be allowed on the training floor during workout hours to address question or concerns.
Make sure that you call the gym for all absences from scheduled workouts.
Understand that talking negatively to other parents about our program or coaches in our lobby observation area will not be tolerated! If you have concerns that warrant conversation, please voice them with the team director, not the other parents in the gym. Parents who consistently complain or show signs of disrespect for others, will be asked to remove themselves from the viewing area and possibly not be allowed to attend practices and/or possible removal of your child from the program
COMPETITION CONDUCT FOR PARENTS
- Cheer loudly and often, but do so in a courteous manner. Obnoxious screaming may be acceptable for other teams, but not for us.
- Never speak about another club, coach, gymnast or judge in a negative manner.
- Under no circumstances is a parent ever to approach a judge or official before, during, or after a competition to comment on, complain about, or even ask about the format, timing of the meet, a score, or an awards ceremony.
- Understand that all competitions, clinics, and camps chosen by the Gymnastics Plus team staff are mandatory events unless otherwise stated. Parents and gymnasts do not get to pick and choose which events to attend. Not attending a significant amount of these responsibilities decreases your child’s progress and may lead to dismissal of your gymnast from our competitive team.